Thursday 26 March 2009

Raspberry Tart


































Raspberry tart with chocolate base and almond cream.
When I was in Hong Kong, I love to eat the strawberry tart from MAXIMS.
I think fruits with chocolates and custard cream are a great combination.
Next time, I will make a version with other kind of berries :) 


Recipe: 

Crust
40g Icing sugar
100g Butter
1 spoon of milk
1.5g salt
170g flour

Almond Cream
200g Icing sugar
200g Butter
20g Corn Starch
200g Almond powder
80g egg
Rum (optional)

Some Melted chocolates & raspberries

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steps:

Crust
1. Blend the butter and icing sugar well;
2. Add in the milk and mix it;
3. Add in the flour and salt which is sieved, and mix it;
4. Place the crust into the mold, prick some holes with a fork on it;
5. Bake at 180C for 15~20 mins;
6. Cool it down.

Chocolate
1. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt it.
2. Place the melted chocolate into the baked crust, refrigerate it for 30 mins.

Almond Cream
1. Mix the soften butter and icing sugar well;
2. Add in the almond powder;
3. Add in the corn starch, mix it until it becomes sandy mass;
4. Add in the eggs and mix it well;
5. Add in Rum, mix it, and refrigerate it for 15 mins.


4 comments:

  1. where's the chocolate??

    btw, maybe you should try walnut next time :)
    i love walnut! haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate is inside of the tart :)

    I could try walnuts! I think it shouldn't be to difficult. When I was a kid, I don't really like walnuts' product. However, I love it more and more now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like sweet, besides I'm allegric :((( but I like to watch this nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Bag Lady,

    Thanks for visiting~ I am so glad that you like my photos. Hope to see your next visiting soon :)
    Btw, your bags are lovely ;)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete